Q: Power loss when driving.

I get a code P0171 and the car is suffering from a loss of power.

A: P0171 is a system lean fault in bank 1. Pos...

P0171 is a system lean fault in bank 1. Possible causes could range from a faulty air mass sensor, EGR valve, induction system leak, or oxygen sensor. The induction system may need to be smoked checked for leaks. The oxygen sensor voltage sweeps need to be checked as consistently low voltage readings may indicate an aged or faulty oxygen sensor. All of these symptoms can be the causes leaning towards the loss of power on your vehicle, which can be inspected by a mechanic. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the training and diagnostic equipment to accurately determine the cause of the fault code and make the necessary repair.