Q: PCV hose has a hole and the guy said it will get less mileage, but is it bad?

pcv hose has a hole and leaks air

If this engine is the 4.6, then the PCV hose gets a hole at the connection on the back of the intake in the hose. If you continue to run the vehicle with this hose broken, then you will get excessive pressure to build up in the crankcase that will cause oil leaks at most gaskets and seals.

The engine will get a Check Engine Light for lean codes to the O2 sensors. This causes the computer to go toward rich on the injectors to compensate for the added oxygen getting into the intake. This causes the vehicle to have very low fuel mileage. This can lead to fouled spark plugs and engine carbon build up. Have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, replace the hose assembly to avoid all these problems.

• PCV hose has a hole and the guy said it will get less mileage, but is it bad?