Q: Oil pan cost

Current mechanic found that a previous mechanic put in a drain plug for the oil pan in loosely. Oil pan threads are completely worn out, so they need to replace oil pan. $430 is estimation for everything. Reasonable? The car has been leaking oil as well since they "fixed" the leak. Mechanics said 4 quarts were still in vehicle, but they need to do an oil change as well. What are some risks if I didn't get it fixed?

Thanks

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This is definite...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is definitely something you need to have repaired soon. If the oil continues to leak, this will cause overheating issues and potentially engine failure. As for the quote, it would depend on where you are located. Here at YourMechanic, we can also have a technician come to your home or office to replace your oil pan for you.

Recommended services
Get a Quote