Q: (NEED HELP)I have an 05 pt cruiser that the ignition pin broke on. I fixed that but now it will not shift out of first.

(NEED HELP)I have an 05 pt cruiser that the ignition pin broke on. I fixed that but now it will not shift out of first. It will go in reverse as well. I'm not sure if I accidentally unplugged a fuse or something or what I was just seeing if anyone may have an idea what may have got unplugged to cause it. It was shifting fine before I worked on it. Also goes in reverse easy but in first hard. Please help and God bless!

It may be possible to have a bad connection that would prevent the shifter interlock from fully releasing. I would check the repair area to see if any wires are pinched and check the connectors to ensure they are clean and fully connected. You may need to remove and replace the component again just to make sure that everything is lined up properly and connected as it should. If you are still having trouble, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine the exact cause of your shifting concern.

• (NEED HELP)I have an 05 pt cruiser that the ignition pin broke on. I fixed that but now it will not shift out of first.