Q: Fan control stops working at times - 1981 Pontiac Grand LeMans

My car has an automatic temperature control. Occasionally it loses fan control. This corrects itself at times when I drive the car. I changed the fan switch, which is located in the dashboard. I also had the resistor relay replaced. I'm thinking that there might be an issue with wires and connections, as the fan control starts working during driving. What do you suggest I should do to fix this?

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. You may...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. You may have a few potential faults with your 1981 Pontiac Grand LeMans. If your problem is intermittent, than you are correct in that it is probably electric. The most common faults would be a wiring fault, blower motor, resistor, or a open circuit. A certified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your electrical issues and repair them for you.