Q: Driver side axle is leaking. Do I need to replace the axle and back struts before I get new tires and alignment?

Driver side axle is leaking oil and I need back struts alignment and new tires do I get axle and struts fixed before alignment and tires

Hello. Yes, I would recommend getting the axle seal, and the back struts replaced before having the alignment done and tires replaced. These two tasks will require having an alignment done after they have been replaced anyway, so it’s less expensive to only have to do the alignment once. And replacing the tires before having the alignment done risks tire wear if your suspension is worn and out of alignment now. If you need a professional to check this out, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the leak firsthand and advise on repairs.

• Driver side axle is leaking. Do I need to replace the axle and back struts before I get new tires and alignment?