Q: "creaking" clinking crunching sound when turning the wheel all the way in either direction.

When I turn the wheel fully in either direction, the car crunches. It doesn't want to be turned. Also shakes, shimmies a bit when I'm driving around 40 mpg. I think it's CJ joint, but need to figure out what to book for the appointment.

A: This sounds like you may have problems with...

This sounds like you may have problems with ball joints and struts. Your axles joints may also be worn but they should be checked first. I suggest having a professional come and inspect the noise, shake, and shimmy. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office and diagnose the noise for you so that you can have the proper repairs done.