Q: check engine light on, code reading P0740, what part do i need

check engine light on, code reading P0740, what part do i need Wat do i need to do

A: This is related to the transmission control...

This is related to the transmission control lock up system. This can be caused by one or more of the following:

• Low transmission fluid level
  • Dirty transmission fluid
  • Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
  • Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
  • Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection

If you'd like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your home or place of business in order to perform a check engine light is on inspection on your vehicle and diagnose this issue.