Q: Car normally runs great. I changed the MAP and it still shuts off at stop lights or when in drives through lights.

I moticed on the map connector a brown wire is slighly exposed..I tried to push it back in. Also, a shade tree mechanic, did not use a terminal connector on the spark plug wire..butbit starts right up. I feels sluggish. It does have several codes, but I cant remember. Check engine light is on

Hello. The first task is to retrieve the problem codes which are setting the Check Engine light. The stalling at intersections may be a dirty or malfunctioning idle air control valve, throttle body, or dirty fuel injectors. Certainly, the bad connector you mention may be adding to the problem list as well - only the Check Engine codes will shed some light on that. I would recommend having a car is stalling inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and estimate for repairs as needed.

3. Car normally runs great. I changed the MAP and it still shuts off at stop lights or when in drives through lights.