Q: Car normally runs great. I changed the MAP and it still shuts off at stop lights or when in drives through lights.

I moticed on the map connector a brown wire is slighly exposed..I tried to push it back in. Also, a shade tree mechanic, did not use a terminal connector on the spark plug wire..butbit starts right up. I feels sluggish. It does have several codes, but I cant remember. Check engine light is on

Hello. The first task is to retrieve the problem codes which are setting the Check Engine light. The stalling at intersections may be a dirty or malfunctioning idle air control valve, throttle body, or dirty fuel injectors. Certainly, the bad connector you mention may be adding to the problem list as well - only the Check Engine codes will shed some light on that. I would recommend having a car is stalling inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and estimate for repairs as needed.

• Car normally runs great. I changed the MAP and it still shuts off at stop lights or when in drives through lights.