Q: Acura sounds like...

My 2006 Acura sounds like it's accelerating at 40mph and up. check engine light is not on. Also what weight of oil do I use in the winter

Hi there. We’re not quite clear on what you are referring to when you state that the "Acura sounds like it’s accelerating at 40 mph and up". If you mean the RPM is higher than it should be, it’s possible that the transmission might be slipping. This can be resolved by having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection. In regards to the recommended oil, for a V-6 Acura, it’s always best to use a 5w-30 conventional / synthetic blend in winter or 10w30 oil in summer. During hotter weather periods, the thicker that the "bottom end viscosity" (the first number on the oil), the easier it will hold up to higher heat.